Website Hoffman Homes for Youth
Hoffman Homes, Inc. is looking for a Controller to develop accounting policies and oversee all financial procedures of our company. As a Controller, you’ll monitor the financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets and manage accounting transactions for a 200-employee behavioral/mental health and educational facility for youth and young adults located in Littlestown, PA. This position is part of the Leadership Team and reports directly to the CEO. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with risk management. Ultimately, you’ll make sure we comply with accounting regulations, maximize profits and mitigate risks.
- Manage the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations.
- Complete monthly financial closing and reporting.
- Present financial information to the Board of Directors.
- Assist the CEO with the annual budget.
- Assist auditors with the annual audit and 5500 forms.
- Review and complete contracts.
- Approve department requisitions for spending.
- Supervise at least 4 employees to include the onsite IT Support Specialist as they collaborate with an outsourced IT service agency.
- Work closely with the Development Department to record grants and donations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- Work experience as a Controller or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
- Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Experience with cash management and risk assessment
- Experience managing the finances of non-profits
- Experience with Medicaid and PA county-funded programs, as well as, collecting education-based tuition.
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Hands-On approach
Equal Opportunity Employer