Hoffman Homes for Youth
Hoffman Homes for Youth is introducing two new programs for youth and young adults. A Shelter and Transitional Living Program (TLP) are being implemented in addition to the current psychiatric residential treatment and education programs.
TLP Mental Health Workers will be working in a setting that assists youth and young adults with developing independent living skills. Staff, within this environment, teach vocational and life skills that will benefit the youth or young adult when transitioning to the community setting. The areas of focus include budgeting and spending, nutrition, shopping, social skills, conflict resolution, healthcare management, wellness, and employment. TLP MHWs may also assist the client with obtaining their driver’s license.
The Shelter Mental Health Worker Shift Leader will be directing the routine and personnel on their shift within the shelter. The shelter program will be taking youth and young adults who need temporary housing until a permanent living situation is established. This position makes sure that those staying in the shelter have everything necessary to complete their activities of daily living.
The Therapeutic Living Program is hiring for all shifts (4 Days on/ 4 Days off)
The Shelter Program positions are 2nd Shift (12:30 PM – 10:30 PM) (4 Days on/ 4 Days off)
$17.00 – $18.00/hr.
- Good Attendance
- Trauma Informed & Strengths-Based Approach
- Conflict & De-escalation Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to Maintain Professional Boundaries
- Leadership and Problem-Solving Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Experience working with children
- Applicants will be given directions on how to process all necessary clearances