Hoffman Homes for Youth
TLP Mental Health Workers will be working in a setting that assists youth and young adults with developing independent living skills. Staff, within this environment, teach vocational and life skills that will benefit the youth or young adult when transitioning to the community setting. The areas of focus include budgeting and spending, nutrition, shopping, social skills, conflict resolution, healthcare management, wellness, and employment. TLP MHWs may also assist the client with obtaining their driver’s license.
The Shelter Mental Health Workers will be directing the routine and personnel on their shift within the shelter. The shelter program will be taking youth and young adults who need temporary housing until a permanent living situation is established. This position makes sure that those staying in the shelter have everything necessary to complete their activities of daily living.
The Therapeutic Living Program and Shelter Program Shifts are 4 days on/ 4 days off, 10 hours per day.
1st, 2nd & 3rd Shifts available
- Good Attendance
- Trauma Informed & Strengths-Based Approach
- Conflict & De-escalation Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to Maintain Professional Boundaries
- Leadership and Problem-Solving Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Experience working with young adults
- Applicants will be given directions on how to process all necessary clearances