Join us for a unique teaching experience. This is an opportunity to teach an exceptional group of children in an environment that is not your typical education setting.
Hoffman Homes, Inc. Offers:
- A commitment to Teamwork, A Positive Work Environment and Administrative Support
- A focus on Values
- A sense of Community with everything located on a 192-acre campus
- Creative and Flexible Approach to Teaching and Curriculum.
- Support from Therapists and Direct-Care workers assigned to the school.
- An opportunity to make a difference and a direct impact in the life of a child struggling with a mental health disorder
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more!
The Special Education Teacher is a full-time position with benefits. Applicants must have Pennsylvania Certification in Special Education (7-12; N-12; or PK-8). Proper clearances, as defined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, are required.
The Hoffman Academy is looking for teachers to work in a creative and versatile environment geared toward educating and treating at-risk youth. The goal is to allow teachers the flexibility to deliver curriculum in the most effective manner. Teachers, at the Hoffman Academy, must be able to work as part of a treatment team (i.e. the student, therapist, direct-care staff, parents, etc.) and assist the student in defining and achieving successful outcomes. Teachers are encouraged to use the support of the therapists and direct-care staff. The principles Trauma Informed Care are expected to be applied within the daily routines, interactions and interventions of the school day. Overall, teachers for the Hoffman Academy must exhibit an enthusiasm for educating distressed young people while coaching them toward a safe and productive lifestyle.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement IEPs and NOREPs as well as facilitate meetings with regard to these plans and the student’s overall treatment program
- Plan and teach appropriate and engaging lessons according to the students’ ability and need
- Collect and analyze student data
- Participate as an active member of each student’s treatment team; Assist the team in developing and implementing successful approaches for the student.
- Maintain records and make reports as required by State Law, the State Board of Education, the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and the School.