The Education Department (Hoffman Academy) is accepting applicants for a position on the Restorative Support Team (RST). The RST assists the academy during the day-to-day routines, logistical functions, behavior responses with restorative practices for youth/young adults, and responding to crisis situations. The goal of this position is to help the academy operate in an organized, therapeutic, efficient, and safe manner. Assistance with the supervision of the youth/young adult and implementation of restorative practices and positive behavior interventions are of top priority. The schedule, for this position, follows the Hoffman Academy school year.
- Assist the Teachers and Teacher Aides with supervising the students and maintaining the safety of each youth/young adult. Attend, learn and utilize the principles of Safe Crisis Management in the school setting.
- Demonstrate skilled excellence and modeling of appropriate conflict resolution by facilitating restorative conversations when needed with coworkers, and then following the chain of command when an impasse has been reached.
- Apply and promote the principles of Trauma Informed Care (safety, trustworthiness/transparency, empowerment/choice, collaboration/mutuality, peer support, cultural, historical and gender issues) by demonstrating the use of restorative practices, emotional intelligence, professional self-awareness, and building therapeutic alliances.
- Utilize rapport-building skills and effective de-escalation skills to prevent traumatic re-enactment by being mindful of the youth/young adult’s trauma history as well as identified predisposing and protective factors. Demonstrating cultural awareness through meaningful language that is strength-based and sensitive to the individual, based on both current and historical usage.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Experience working with students in a school within a mental health treatment setting
Equal Opportunity Employer