The Hoffman Academy is seeking applicants to fill the new position of Wellness Coordinator. The Wellness Coordinator develops, implements, and oversees the recreation and wellness programs of Hoffman Homes, Inc. The Wellness Coordinator creates programming (e.g., sports, games, art, gardening, meditation, yoga, fitness) that will focus on the physical and mental health of the youth/young adults-in-care and staff. During summer break from school, the Wellness Coordinator will plan activities for the clients and staff of Hoffman Homes. During the school year, the Wellness Coordinator will follow the school calendar, planning and facilitating recreational and wellness activities during the school day and for other aspects of the residential program.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct activities for the recreational and wellness therapy/education groups for youth and staff, as well as individual sessions, if applicable. This includes the coordination of the summer program.
- Create and organize a calendar of recreational activities, collaborating with residential supervisors, creative therapists and following the school calendar.
- Identify activities that will engage the youth and staff, encourage participation, considering individual ages, cognitive abilities and health needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to think creatively to engage individuals that would otherwise resist engaging in recreational activities. Encourage individuals to develop new skills
- Apply and promote the principles of Restorative Practices, Mindfulness, and Trauma Informed Care
- Bachelor’s degree in physical fitness, physical education, health & wellness, or other degree relevant to the work.
- One year of experience related to implementing therapeutic recreational activities with youth/young adults.
- Must be at least 21-years of age.
- Good driving record.
This is a grant-funded position at least though 07/31/24
Equal Opportunity Employer